Team Conflict Resolution
- Are you sure it needs to be addressed?
- What will happen if this is not addressed?
- How can you turn this into a positive?
- Is this urgent?
- Plan meeting time and location.
- Develop an agenda.
- Think about amount of notice to send.
- Choose meeting time and location (when will it least impact productivity)?
- Send meeting notification, include agenda.
- Have each team member describe the situation from their perspective.
- Collaborate to achieve consensus.
- Brainstorm for solutions.
- Out of the box.
- Quantity not quality.
- Resolve action items.
- Review actions (due date, responsibility, communication protocol).
- Be positive.
- Set metrics.
- Set follow-up meeting (have suggested dates ahead of time, even as part of agenda).
The longer you wait the worse it will get.