Other Team Issues
- What is the issue.
- What are the consequences if it is not resolved.
- What is the effect on the team.
- Consider your meeting agenda.
- Time and Place: Think about the appropriate time and place.
- When is the least disruptive/most receptive time?
- Attendees: Make sure that (only) the required attendees are invited.
- Ask for insight from the team.
- Is the situation the result of a broken process?
- Does a process exist?
- Does the team have the necessary tools and equipment?
- Is there a training issue?
- Choose meeting time and location (when will it least impact productivity)?
- Send meeting notification, include agenda.
- Describe situation from your perspective and review expectation vs. performance.
- Ask each team member to describe their perspective.
- You need to have agreement regarding solutions.
- Buy-in is good but depending on situation you may have to use authority.
- Review actions (deadlines and commitments).
- Encourage camaraderie/collaboration.
Start and finish with positives.