Other Individual Issues
- What is the issue?
- What are the consequences if it is not resolved?
- Is there a training issue?
- Surround with good.
- Focus on the situation.
- It’s not about who, it’s about what and why.
- What needs to be changed? (e.g. behavior, process)
- Choose best time.
- Describe situation from your perspective and review expectation vs. performance.
- Ask the individual to describe their perspective.
- You need to have agreement regarding solutions.
- Buy-in is good but depending on situation you may have to use authority.
- Review actions (deadlines and commitments).
- Encourage camaraderie/collaboration.
- Explain performance or behavioral expectation.
- Describe difference between actual and expectation.
- Explain how this affects performance.
- Never take anything you cannot replace!
- Maintain self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Set follow-up actions.
Encourage and support!